AXA Revamps Senior Leadership
Simplification of AXA’s Corporate Center
AXA’s Corporate Center will be led by two Deputy CEOs:
- Frédéric de Courtois will rejoin AXA as Deputy CEO in charge of Finance and Investments, Risk Management, Strategy, and Ceded Reinsurance.
- George Stansfield, currently Deputy CEO and Group General Secretary in charge of Legal, Human Resources, Audit, Compliance and Public Affairs, will also oversee Communication, Brand and Sustainability.
Frédéric de Courtois comes back to AXA after five years at Generali where he held several senior management positions, including General Manager overseeing most central functions and the implementation of strategy. Prior to joining Generali, Frédéric worked at AXA for more than 20 years serving in senior positions including CEO of AXA Italy.
- Alban de Mailly Nesle, Group Chief Risk and Investment Officer, will become Group CFO while continuing to lead Group Investments.
Changes in key geographies
Leadership changes will also be implemented in key geographies:
- Etienne Bouas-Laurent, currently Group Chief Financial Officer (Group CFO), will become CEO of AXA Belgium and oversee activities in Luxembourg.
- Jacques de Peretti, Chairman and CEO of AXA France will become a Senior Advisor to the Group CEO. He will remain a member of AXA’s Management Committee and a Board member of different AXA entities.
- Patrick Cohen, CEO of AXA Italy, will be appointed CEO of AXA France.
- Benoît Claveranne, CEO of AXA International & New Markets (INM), leaves AXA.
Going forward, the African and Asian operations of INM will report to Gordon Watson, CEO of AXA Asia, and the other INM operations as well as AXA Partners and AXA Next will report to Antimo Perretta, CEO of AXA Europe.
- Thomas Buberl, Group CEO
- George Stansfield, Deputy CEO and Group General Secretary, in charge of Legal, Human Resources, Audit, Compliance, Public Affairs, Communication, Brand and Sustainability
- Frédéric de Courtois, Deputy CEO, in charge of Finance and Investments, Risk Management, Strategy, and Ceded Reinsurance
- Helen Browne, Group General Counsel
- Patrick Cohen, CEO of AXA France
- Ulrike Decoene, Group Chief Communication, Brand and Sustainability Officer
- Georges Desvaux, Group Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer
- Scott Gunter, CEO of AXA XL
- Alban de Mailly Nesle, Group CFO
- Marco Morelli, Executive Chairman of AXA Investment Managers
- Jacques de Peretti, Senior Advisor
- Antimo Perretta, CEO of AXA Europe
- Karima Silvent, Group Chief Human Resources Officer
- Astrid Stange, CEO of AXA Group Operations
- Gordon Watson, CEO of AXA Asia.