Fragomen Worldwide Immigration Trends Report 2019
Global immigration services firm Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy (Fragomen) in October 2019 released the 2019 edition of its Worldwide Immigration Trends Report.
Among the key takeaways of the report that covers Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and North America:
- Migration has fueled a resurgence of nationalist political movements and anti-immigration policies.
- Many countries will continue to struggle to develop the technology necessary to support new, tougher immigration procedures.
- Though the global protectionism trend will continue, an increasing number of countries could become attractive alternatives for skilled migrants, as governments and the private sector continue to be interested in the skills and innovation foreign talent bring.
Furthermore, the report discusses several emerging issues, including
- The growing importance of the private sector in policymaking, as the international community works to implement standards while coping with imminent labor shortages, and
- Governments shifting the burden of immigration employment authorization to employers.
The report is available at https://www.fragomen.com/WorldwideImmigrationTrendsReport2019
Fragomen is a professional immigration services firm that is present worldwide and offers immigration support in more than 170 countries. It has more than 4,000 immigration professionals and support staff based in more than 50 offices across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.