AEIP-NCCMP-MEBCO Transatlantic Conference, Albany, USA, 19-21 June 2019
The 11th Annual Transatlantic Conference will take place in upstate New York near the state capital Albany, on 19-21 June, 2019.
The conference is hosted by the U.S. National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans (NCCMP) and co-organized jointly by the European Association of Paritarian Institutions (AEIP), the Multi-employer Benefit Plan Council of Canada (MEBCO), and the World Pension Alliance (WPA). PensionsEurope will chair the day devoted to pension topics.
The event brings together leading experts in pension and health benefits, as well as trustees and pension plan professionals from around the world to share their knowledge and expertise.
The conference will include two days devoted to global topics of interest in pension and healthcare including:
- the increased global focus on ESG factors and “Green” investing in selecting and evaluating investments
- pension solvency metrics, plan management tools, and pension backstops throughout the world
- innovations in risk sharing plan designs
- mental health in the workplace, including the opioid epidemic
- approaches to medical marijuana with a particular focus on the changing legal landscapes in the United States and Canada, and
- a case study from Finland on the effectiveness of their holistic approach to disability
The final morning of the conference is devoted to the state of labor/management relations and bargaining throughout the world including the challenges in dealing with new forms of employment and the mobility of workers.
Conference registration and hotel reservations are open here.
The conference venue is the Sagamore Resort in Lake George, NY (110 Sagamore Road, Bolton Landing, NY, USA).