IGP Launches CoE for EB Captives and Global Underwriting
Global employee benefits network IGP in February 2022 announced the launch of a Center of Expertise (CoE) for Reinsurance to Captive and Global Underwriting Programs. The new CoE represents a departure from IGP’s long-standing focus on pooling.
Alongside the more traditional multinational pooling programs, IGP has expanded its offer to Global Underwriting and Reinsurance to Captive programs and now introduces a re-designed operational workflow that facilitates their implementation either as a transition from a pooling program, or a standalone inception. From an organizational standpoint, the CoE brings together specific technical and conversational skills as stakeholders often include Risk Managers, Finance Managers, Procurement departments and Legal functions.
According to IGP, “this initiative is part of the Manulife Group’s broader strategy to transform into a digital, customer-centric market leader, offering a compelling value proposition for its customers.”
The new CoE will be managed by Tamara Laanen, Director Account Development. The dedicated team includes:
- Arvid Kleber, Account Executive – Captive / Global Underwriting
- Philipp Linden, Account Executive – Captive / Global Underwriting
- Claudio Romeo, Senior Account Representative – Captive / Global Underwriting
- Jan Maeriën, Captive / Global Underwriting Coordinator
- Iuliana Pavel, Captive / Global Underwriting Coordinator
- Evan Stefanini, Captive / Global Underwriting Coordinator
- Marc Van Hecke, Captive / Global Underwriting Coordinator
IGP’s multinational pooling clients, which represent its largest portfolio, will be managed by a team of Account Executives under the leadership of Brian McCarthy, AVP Account Development.