OW SERIES: Day 16 – How to give a compliment
To start the week on a positive note, here’s a psychology technique for giving someone a compliment or positive feedback: the SIISI method.
Good feedback is :
- Sincere: what I say is true to me and I am honest when I say it.
- Immediate: my message comes right after the other person’s behaviour.
- Involved: I involve myself by using “I”.
- Specific: it concerns a specific fact and not a generality.
- Isolated: positive without a hidden negative message, like “thank you for being punctual for once”.
Try it today with someone you like. Success is guaranteed for both the giver and receiver.
By Adrien Chignard