Aon Announces New Ventures Group
Aon in October 2018 announced it had established a “New Ventures” group and appointed its senior leaders. The stated goal is “to further accelerate the creation of new sources of value for [our] clients”.
Aon in 2018 already created the “Aon Operating Committee”; appointed two new co-presidents – Michael O’Connor and Eric Andersen; and transitioned to a single Aon brand. The “New Ventures” initiative is a component of the “Aon United” growth strategy.
In addition to Aon CEO Greg Case, members of the New Ventures Group’s leadership team include:
- Tony Goland, previously Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), now appointed Chief Innovation Officer. He is in charge of organizing the New Ventures Group. As such, he will manage the overall innovation portfolio and lead selected “priority growth opportunities”. Prior to joining Aon, Goland was a senior partner at management consultancy McKinsey.
- Siobhan Cifelli, now Global Human Resources Leader for the Aon Operating Committee, assumes the role of interim CHRO while Aon completes a search to fill the CHRO role.
- Christa Davies, Chief Financial Officer
- Bryon Ehrhart, Global Head of Strategic Growth and Development
- John Bruno, Group COO and CEO of Data & Analytic Services