Generali Belgium Rebranded Athora Belgium After Sale
Generali Belgium in June 2019 became Athora Belgium. The name change is the final stage in the January 2019 acquisition of Generali Belgium by Athora Holding. Since the acquisition, the company is led by CEO Dorsan van Hecke.
The Athora brand came into existence at the beginning of 2018 following the spin-off from former parent company Athene Holding. Athora now is an insurance and reinsurance group that focuses on the European market. As of June 2019, it owns:
- Vivat Life in The Netherlands
- Athora Lebensversicherung in Germany (previously Delta Lloyd Lebensversicherung),
- Athora Belgium Generali Belgium,
- Athora Ireland (previously Aegon Ireland),
- and Athora Life Re, a Bermuda-domiciled reinsurer.
Athora Belgium’s rebranding includes a new legal name, company logo and website. The new brand identity can be seen on www.athora.com/be.